Tuesday 7 February 2017

Review on L.A Girl Pro Coverage H.D Long Wear Illuminating Fundation

Hey Loves!

Foundations are perhaps considered the most important  part in makeup because it is a base which puts together the entire makeup for you.

L. A Girl is now available in India on Nykaa & also few stores which is cool. I have reviewed their blush stick earlier. I also bought their H.D Illuminating foundation and was pretty excited to try it on. Check out my 1st Impressions on my Youtube channel.

Always wanted to see how a High Def foundation actually is & that is what made me buy this guy. I have been using it for the past few weeks and I thought that now is the perfect time to review the new foundation from L.A Girl which is called the Pro Coverage H.D Long Wear Illuminating Foundation. I am going to review the shade 'Warm Beige'.

So let's see how it it!

L.A Girl Pro Coverage H.D Long Wear Illuminating Foundation






About L.A Girl Pro Coverage H.D Long Wear Illuminating foundation:

Pro coverage high definition long wear illuminating foundation is ideal for flawless looking full coverage finish. Light weight formula is comfortable for all day wear. Paraben free formula with added anti oxidants hydrates & improves the skin's appearance.

Price :

INR 1150/- for 28ml (Available at Nykaa)

Packaging :

The foundation comes in a plastic bottle with a pump to help disperse the foundation. The plastic is well made and almost can pass for a glass packaging. The cap is glossy black in color and shuts with a very convincing 'click' sound.






Texture & Coverage: 

The foundation is quite runny in consistency and needs to be applied quickly else it may fall off from the back of the hand. That being said because of the same liquidy consistency, it blends like a dream on the skin.

L. A Girl Long Wear H.D Illuminating Foundation Warm Beige | Makeupforeternity
The coverage of this foundation is amazing. You only need half a pump of this foundation really to give a natural medium high coverage for daily use. If however, should you need to build this guy,it does build up quite well!


L.A Girl Long Wear H.D Illuminating Foundation Warm Beige (Fully Blended)

The Shade :

I got this foundation in the shade Warm Beige. But there are about 15 shades from which you can make your choice. This shade is a little darker (yellow to be precise) for my skin tone. I am between NC35-NC40 in MAC for reference.

However I can make it work somehow by mixing either a lighter foundation or setting this with L.A Girl Pro Coverage H.D Compact in Nude Beige (which I believe should have been my foundation shade as well!). For the next purchase I know what shade I need to get anyways! LoL!




My Thoughts on the Foundation :

Honestly I like my skin to look dewy & healthy which is what made me fall for this foundation in the first place. This foundation is what it's name is.. An Illuminating foundation! It gives a very dewy look on the face even in winters when the skin is dry as hell!

If you are having an oily skin then either avoid this foundation or keep touching it up from time to time with a compact. I found that after 3 hours my t-zone was super shiny (I have a combi skin) and it almost was on the verge of looking NOT GOOD! I was a shiny disco ball! That is when I realised that NOPE! this foundation AIN'T FOR OILY SKIN GIRLS!

Staying Power : 

The foundation has a staying capacity of about 5 - 6 hours without any touch up. And by staying capacity I mean the time till my spots on the skin & uneven skin start to show. Not a lot like it has gone completely but yes, I can make out that my foundation has melted from a certain section of my skin. After a single touch up however, this guy stayed put on my skin till about 8pm-ish (i wore this foundation around 11am-ish) which makes the staying power good enough. My skin looked dewy & radiant even at 8pm as if I just applied the foundation.


Pros of L.A Girl Pro Coverage H.D Long Wear Illuminating Foundation :

  • Gives a nice dewy finish to the skin which actually illuminates esp where light hits the face
  • Classy packaging (almost reminds me of MUFE H.D foundation)
  • Amazing shade range to match your skintone
  • User friendly pump for dispersing the foundation
  • Excellent for dry skin people or in general for those of us who like healthy glowy skin
  • Blends easily & not much required for a decent coverage
  • Good staying power without any touch up

Cons of L.A Girl Pro Coverage H.D Long Wear Illuminating Foundation :
  • Pricy for a drugstore brand
  • Not suitable for oily skin girls
  • Quantity is lesser than the standard 30ml of foundations in the market

My Final Thoughts on this foundation :

I like this foundation, not going to say that it blew me off but yes it is a good foundation. Should you try it? Well if you do not mind spending few bucks on this one, then yes. I think this is a cheaper if not better option to try a High Definition foundation.

Have you tried the L.A Girl Pro Coverage H.D long wear illuminating foundation yet? Let me know!

Until my next post, stay blessed! 


3 comments:

  1. This is ideal for anyone who needs to cover something specifically on the face; matte formulas can do this and are incredibly helpful. Eliminate any shine: If you don't want to look shiny, you won't appear so with a LA Girl Products Online In Pakistan formula.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is ideal for a flawless looking, full coverage finish. Lightweight formula is comfortable for all day wear. Paraben free formula with added anti-oxidants helps hydrate and improve the skin's appearance.
    la colors foundation price in pakistan

    ReplyDelete