Tuesday 19 March 2019

MAC Satin Lipstick Twig Review & Swatches

Well Hello Lovelies! Today's post is very exciting because I am reviewing one of my favorite lipsticks with you all. MAC Twig has been one of my most loved MAC lippies ever since I got my hands on it. So I thought why not share my two cents on it right here?

MAC TWIG | MakeupforEternity
MAC Twig Satin Finish | MakeupForEternity

So let's see!

















Price and Quantity : 

INR. 1650/- for 3 Gms (Dear MAC have mercy!!) #painofpricehike Boo Hoo!!



Packaging :

Like all other MAC lipsticks in the permanent line, Twig also comes in a black plastic tube packaging. The simple and elegant packaging of the MAC lipsticks is what makes them class apart for me. The bullet roles up and down smoothly and the cap clicks with a very satisfactory 'click' sound.



About the lipstick :

Twig is a Satin finish lipstick and the finish speaks volume. It is packed with pigment and applies very evenly & smoothly on the lips. It is not very glossy or shiny but more like satin-y creamy finish. Absolutely love the finish! One of my favorite finishes by MAC after Matte & Amplified finishes.

The fragrance of the lipstick is very typical MAC Vanilla fragrance.




Colour :

Twig is described by MAC as Soft Muted Brownish Pink. I would say that pink is more dominant color in this lipstick. I wear this shade almost with every makeup look or even a no makeup look. This lipstick does not need your skin to be even toned unlike some neutral colors which do require your skin to have an even finish else they wash you out.

Since it is on the warmer side, this will work for every skin undertone or overtone. Depending on your skin tone, the lipstick may either look more brown-ish pink or pink-ish brown on your lips. Like on my lips, this looks like pink-ish brown.

MAC Twig Satin Finish | MakeupForEternity

Texture & Staying Power :

As I have already mentioned, satin finish is a very creamy lipstick. The application is very smooth & the lipstick reaches opacity in a single application. You can go over once more to have a full color on the lips. This also does not feather out over the period of time which makes wearing of the lipstick very hassle free.

For the maximum times I have worn this lipstick, it has stayed on my lips for at least 6 hours with meals included. However if you wanna wear the lipstick more than that, you might have to carry this for a touch up in the second half.

The color fades away with an even light stain on the lips.

This is how the lipstick looks on me :


Pros of MAC Twig :

  • Beautiful everyday wear color for all skin tones
  • Since the finish is Satin, it is very moisturising to the lips
  • Opacity is good with a good color pay off in single application
  • Classy and elegant packaging
  • Does not bleed and had a decent staying power
Cons of MAC Twig :

None actually! 

Let me know if you have this beautiful baby with you or not! Stay blessed! 

1 comment:

  1. Anti-Aging involves the reduction of wrinkles and fine lines, tightening of the skin, reduction of a double chin, and giving you a better jawline. There are various options for this – resurfacing and hydrating treatment for pores, Botox, fillers, PRP etc.
    For more details contact us on : https://skinclan.com/

    ReplyDelete