Saturday 4 June 2016

MAC Powder Blush Melba Review & Swatches

Hello My Lovelies!

I hope that you are doing great & like me, waiting for the monsoons to set it. It is so damn hot that sometimes I feel that we will burst into flames! Lol!

Anyway, since summer is still very much there & at its peak (if I may say so) I thought why not review one of my favorite summer (in fact all year round) blush from my favorite brand 'MAC'. And so I am here reviewing my favorite blush of all times, all seasons MELBA! I have had this blush for a over 2.5 years & trust me even today it makes my heart skip a beat when I apply it on my cheeks.




My Take on MAC Melba Blush :

Price :

Rs.1950/- for 6 gms



Packaging :

The blush comes in a standard MAC case which is a round black pan with transparent lid to see the color. They are also available in refill pans which come in handy if you have a blush palette with you already.



This pic is only for reference of Outer packaging of MAC Blushes.
MAC Powder Matte Blush Melba (excuse the really old packaging!)



Color :

MAC describes Melba as a Soft Coral Peach.

Well, I have to agree with MAC on its description. It is in fact a soft coral peach blush. I feel it also a tad of pink undertones to it which makes it wearable for every girl.

It does look a bit intimidating in the pan because it may look like orange-ish & you may wonder whether or not, it will suit you. But trust me you have to swatch this blush to see the prettiness that it is!

MAC Powder Blush Melba

Texture & Pigmentation :

The blush is in Powder finish but in no way chalky. The texture of the blush is smooth which is easy to apply on the cheeks. The blush blends easily as well without any patchiness or blobs of concentrated color on one part of the cheek & absolutely no color on the rest!


The blush is quite pigmented & you need a very little amount of it on your brush to give you ample color to your cheeks. It adds a very subtle sun-kissed look to the cheeks & looks so natural that you are practically flaunt any makeup or 'No Makeup" makeup look & the bush is going to work!

MAC Powder Matte Blush Melba


I wore this blush in my 'No Makeup' Makeup Look tutorial & you can see how natural the blush looks.


Staying Power :

Like almost all MAC blushes, this blush stays on my cheeks for good 6-7 hours which is more than enough for me. It does fade a tad bit after the 7 hour wear time which makes my cheeks even more natural! :)

However if you want the color to stay the same for the whole day, I suggest you carry the blush with you.

MAC Blush Melba Lightly applied to give a very natural skin kissed look to the face




Pros Of MAC Melba :
  • Beautiful soft earthy color which flatters every skin tone & undertone
  • Blends easily & is not chalky
  • High in pigmentation
  • Gorgeous all year round color
  • Looks Natural
  • Smooth texture

Cons :

  • None

I highly recommend this blush to everyone!! I absolutely love this blush & definitely will re-purchase it.

What are your thoughts on MAC Melba Blush? Let me know.

Until my next post, Stay Blessed! 

1 comment: