Saturday 25 March 2017

PAC Baked Highlighter 02 Review & Swatches

Hi Lovelies! I hope you are also enjoying the summers as much as I am although summer isn't really a season to enjoy because we literally burn up in heat! Lol! But from makeup point of view I love this season because I get to glow up my face like no other day! #happy

So today I am bringing a highlighter review for you all. PAC recently launched their Baked Highlighters in the market & I grabbed a few shades from the range. I am reviewing shade 04 today. So let's see how it is!




About PAC Baked Highlighters :

Highlights the skin with a sheer wash of shimmering color. Infused with Vitamin E.


Price :

INR. 850/- (They have not mentioned the net weight, expiry date or any such important information anywhere either on the product or their website).

Buy Them From Amazon/ Flipkart or their own page.

Amazon Link -> http://amzn.to/2nu96Z7
PAC Link -> https://www.paccosmetics.com/product/baked-highlighter-02/


Ingredients :



Packaging :

The highlighter comes in a tin container with a glass right underneath the lid. Although packaging is a personal choice and everyone has their own, I did not like this packaging at all. This is a very bizarre packaging for a makeup item & a highlighter in particular!


The container seems  a bit sturdy, however with the mirror right under of the lid, there are chances that if at all there is a dent in the lid during travelling, the mirror might break.


The packaging is a major turnoff for me! #sad I have MAC Soft & Gentle which is also a baled highlighter  and is packaged so well. When I compare this one next to that, the PAC one looks damn cheap.


The Color & Texture :

02 is a cross between champagne & a golden highlighter. The champagne color is definitely the dominant one in the highlighter.


The highlighter has a marble finish to it because it is a baked one. The texture of this highlighter is super smooth & creamy. Although it is a powder highlighter, the texture is very buttery! When swatched with the fingers, you can see no powder like effect.

After swatching from the fingers to the arm, there is still a lot of product remaining on the fingers, because the product sticks to the skin which is great for a highlighter!



Pigmentation :

The highlighter when swatched with the fingers looks very pigmented, but when applied with a brush, I feel at least 2 times application is a must for the highlighter to be noticeable. This is a little weird because the finger swatches are damn impressive but brush swatches aren't that good. Also when u swatch from your fingers to the hand, the swatch becomes sheer.

From the swatches you can also see that the highlighter is not grainy or glittery but finely milled into a smooth cream-like consistency.





PAC Baked Highlighter 02 (Seen in the sunlight) | Makeupforeternity

Staying Power :

Staying capacity of this highlighter is the best! It lasted for 6 hours on my skin and as the time passed, the highlighter seeped into my skin making it look more natural & skin glowy but also fading as the times passes. I did apply the highlighter 2-3 times on the tops of my cheek bones though. But that is how I like my highlighters to be. For as long as the highlighter stayed on my skin, I could not help noticing the glow!



Comparison to MAC Soft & Gentle :

When people saw this highlighter,  a lot of them compared it with MAC Soft & Gentle. So I have swatched them for you. MAC S&G is more pinkish brown in color as compared to the PAC one. The PAC highlighter looks almost golden next to the MAC one.

The swatches of the 2 highlighters are different as well. MAC one is more pink & PAC one is golden.




Pros of PAC Baked Highlighter 02 :

  • Good Color
  • Good staying capacity
  • Texture is smooth as butter
  • Easy to blend on the skin
  • Looks very gentle & makes the skin glow

Cons of PAC Baked Highlighter 02:
  • Packaging is a major turn off for me.
  • Pigmentation could be a little better for 1 application.
  • Price point, considering this brand is just started to fix it's feet in makeup market.
  • Net weight & expiry date not mentioned anywhere on the packaging

Overall, I do recommend this highlighter for you if you like me, can get past the weird packaging.


3 comments: